I have a love/hate relationship with Thanksgiving. As much as I love it because of the sentimentalness of it all, I also hate it because there is way too much food. But one thing I do love is a good fruit crisp on Thanksgiving.
I created this Cherry Berry Crisp several years ago before I became Paleo. But recently I decided to dig it out of my collection so that I could make a Paleo version of it.
- 1 Bag Frozen Cherries
- 1 Bag Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Layer the cherries and the blueberries into a baking dish.
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, Himalayan salt, and pecans.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour on top of the mixture and mix evenly. Spread the topping mixture onto the berries.
- Bake for 45 min. Serve warm.