Are you interested in submitting a Guest Post on Wholly Revived? I would love to hear from you if you meet these three simple rules:
- You want to write a Guest Post specifically for my readers. I DO NOT accept “canned posts.”
- The post fits within the general theme of topics I write about.
- You must own a healthy food or wellness related blog/website. Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30, AIP is best.
What Topics Do I Cover?
Here are some suggestions for topics I am looking for:
- Paleo, Whole30, AIP recipes
- Tips for Building Cooking Confidence
- Essential Oil recipes
- Holistic Health
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Gut/Brain Connection
- Mental Wellness
- Self Care
- Food Related Iowa News (as long as it’s on the healthy side)
In order to make life easier for both of us, I have some submission requirements in place:
- Be original and don’t plan on publishing it elsewhere. Posts must be unique and original to Wholly Revived. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your own blog) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
- Write in your own voice. For recipe posts, start with a short paragraph about how to serve the dish or why it’s your favorite. In the recipe please include the serving size, ingredients with measurements, clear instructions, and a photo.
- Reference all claims. If you mention a statistic or study in your piece, please include a link to that source. I prefer links to be peer reviewed, scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Please note that I will verify all references that I am not familiar with through my own research.
- Make your post actionable. Readers need to have some sort of takeaway or call to action.
- Self-promotional content will not be accepted. You can, however, insert one do-follow link to your blog/website in your author bio
- Write 500-1500 words. Lists are fine as long as they provide context.
- Include photos. Please see my photo guidelines.
All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850×400 pixels and of high resolution.
For recipe, photos be sure to include an original high quality photo of your prepared dish. In an effort to keep photos consistent in style, keep in mind the following when submitting:
- Photos taken in natural light is preferred.
- Neutral tableware and backgrounds work best.
- Photos should be taken on a clean natural surface.
- Food photos should exude the beauty of good, real, whole foods.
How To Submit A Guest Post
Submitting a Guest Post is easy! Please email me at email@example.com and use the subject line I Want To Write A Guest Post. In the email please include the following:
- A brief explanation of what your blog is about.
- If you have written other Guest Posts or Freelance articles for other bloggers, websites, or publications please include those links. This step is optional but, if you have done other writing I would love to see your work.
- Your idea or topic that you would like to write about.
- A brief intro for what your Guest Post will be about.
Within 48 hours I will contact you to let you know if your idea has been approved or declined.
- If your idea or topic has been approved I will let you know what the next steps are within the email.
- If your idea or topic has been declined I will let you know the reason(s) why.
Does this sound good to you? I look forward to working with you!