When I was writing up this blog post I was so excited that I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to write about first. Why am I excited you ask? Because I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! So I guess we will start with that!
One of my new blogger friends, Krista from The Quintessential Mommy nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award and I am very excited about it!
The Rules for Accepting The One Lovely Blog Award:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
And here are 7 fun and interesting facts about me!
1. I am a Texas girl at heart because I was born there and lived there until my parents decided to move back to their home state of Iowa when I was 11 years old.
2. I hardly ever wear makeup because I feel that I look just fine without and also because my skin just doesn’t like it!
3. I am not very tall, only 4’9 and my husband is only a couple inches taller than me, which makes us the perfect couple!
4. During my teenager years (during the late 90’s early 200o’s) I wanted to be a famous singer like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera so I started taking vocal lessons. I am so glad I grew out of this phase!
5. I am obsessed with American Idol, Pretty Little Liars, and The Big Bang Theory.
6. I enjoy writing fictional stories. I have been working on writing and tweaking this one particular story for a few years. I probably won’t ever be a published author, but a girl can dream, right.
7. I am a Food Network junkie! I could sit and watch Food Network all day everyday, if I had the time. My favorite cook on the Food Network is Rachael Ray.
Here are the 15 bloggers that I nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award.
- Karissa from The Crunchy Chronicles
- Beth from The Allergy Safe Kitchen
- Nicole from For The Love of Food Blog
- Krista from Growing In Grace and Beauty
- Sarah from Tails Are Wagging
- Kate from Kate’s Bodywork and Fitness Blog
- Dina from Balance By Dina
- Lorelai from Life with Lorelai
- Maureen from Happily Embellished
- Melissa from Thirty Something Super Mom
- Alysia from My Domestic Dish
- Raina from Make, Mend, Grow
- Linda from His Scattered Housewife
- Joanne from Thoughts In Tiffany Blue
- Angela from The Unclutter Angel
Now on to dinner! My Fish Taco Bowls are a favorite at our house. I haven’t made them in a while so I thought I would dig it out of my recipe collection. We usually have rice with our taco bowls, but I wanted to try something a little different.
Before I was married and I was a young 20 something living out on my own, one of my former co-workers gave me a recipe for Cauliflower rice. It was one of my favorite recipes that I made frequently. But I haven’t made it since I got married (been married for 8 1/2 years). But as I was thinking about my Taco Bowls, I got to thinking about Cauliflower rice and I thought that would be pretty tasty paired together. I no longer had the recipe that my former co-worker gave me, but I did remember some things about the recipe, so I just came up with my own recipe for that!
My husband had never had Cauliflower rice before, but he was very interested in trying it out. I am happy to report that Cauliflower rice is another new fave at our house!
Fish Taco Bowls
3-4 Tilapia Fillets
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 to2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Red Onion, diced
1 Can Black Beans
DF Cheese (optional)
Cooked Brown Rice or Cauliflower Rice
Sprinkle fish with spices.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil or coconut oil in a skillet. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 min. Add the fish to the pan and cook on each side. Remove fish and set aside.
Add black beans and onions to the same pan that the fish was cooked in.
Chop up the fish and add it back to the pan with the black beans and onions.
1 Large Head of Cauliflower cut into small florets
1 lime zested and juiced
Handful of Cilantro
Salt & Black Pepper
1 tbsp. EVOO
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Green Onions, chopped
Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has a texture of rice. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULSE TOO MUCH OR IT WILL BECOME MUSHY.
Heat a saute pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the green onions and garlic and sauté for about 3 to 4 min.
Add the cauliflower rice to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 min, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside. Season with salt, pepper, lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro.
And here is the End Result of this lovely dish!